Friday, March 12, 2010

Friends and their Wonderful Achievements

Last weekend was all about reveling in the glow of our friends' honorary events. I can say with utmost certainty that the following two attributes apply so accurately to the two men I want to highlight today: hardworking and skilled.
On Friday we paid a visit to a small art opening that showcased the work of Simpson's artists' work outside of the show. Our very own Chance Raspberry is one of the featured artists and of course did not disappoint. He displayed stills featuring my, and soon to be everyone's, favorite twisted clown. I think my favorite moment of the night was when I overheard one of his former coworkers expressing shock at the fact that "sweet" Chance had this secret dark side....oh if she only knew.



Next up was Saturday evening, lucky for us Drew's ceremony had been moved to this weekend so we were able be there to support him. He has been shockingly absent from this blog since its commencement due to his rather rigorous schedule with work and training. It definitely has paid off however, and it was no surprise to me as I watched him receive his next armband (kind of like getting another belt in karate) as he moved up a level. All of this is happening just a month before his very first fight is happening the first week in April. As much as I absolutely hate to see him fight, not due to lack of ability whatsoever but more due to a protective instinct on my part, I am extremely excited for his fight to finally take place. Once its over I think he will have proved not just to the people in his life, but also to himself what a bit of determination and a hell of a lot of willpower can yield. And though he is doing this with just one good eye, as a co-founder of Patch Match™ I refuse to admit this into the competition, unless maybe I'm wearing a full body padded suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment


RAZMCK STUDIO: OFFICIAL PLAYLIST

"DANGER" QUOTE OF THE DAY

"DANGER" QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I liked the new blog but I desperately want to know what Brittany is doing in that photo."

MY BABIES

MY BABIES


EYE CANDY

EYE CANDY


 
All Things "-Zies" - Template By Blogger Clicks