Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The SANTA BARBARA TOP TEN

Let me first apologize to the few that do read my blog for the delay in my updates. I have plenty of excuses, but none that really matter.

On to the long awaited Santa Barbara post. Though this took place now 2 weekends ago, I felt it deserved a post all its own, mostly because of the magnitude of pictures that were taken thanks to Ms. Brit and Michael & their fancy new camera. Since I could easily write a novel about the fun that we had on our mini-vacation, and since most would agree that I already do write novels in my posts and emails, I have decided to highlight My Top Ten Moments of the SB weekend (these are done in order of occurrence, not by ranking as it would be far too difficult to choose my favorites).

1. ARRIVALS IN THE RAIN FOLLOWED QUICKLY BY MASS CONSUMPTION OF WINE.

So the two other couples arrived much later in the evening Friday as Ryan & I were passed out on the couch. Though nothing could be done to wake my comatose boyfriend, I quickly found my second wind, perhaps the best alarm clock for me would be the sound of a wine bottle being uncorked. I don't fully remember everything we chatted about but there was discussion of wine tasting the next day. I believe our aspirations were far too great considering the last of us did not officially go to bed until 5 AM.

2. RYAN CREEPILY SLEEP WALKS, PROVIDES PREVIEW OF MOVIE TO BE WATCHED THIS WEEKEND.
So Ryan has this thing, he doesn't really sleep but rather comas. Some of the most extreme methods have been tested to wake him from his slumber, and so far only one has been successful, but I am not willing to do that every morning. Until this past weekend, I believe I was one of the few people who has witnessed his very creepy "awake sleep". During our wine-filled merriment in the dining room, we all catch movement finally from the comaed Ryan who is laying on the couch in the living room. He gets up and stands completely still, like he was walking, but someone just put his motion in pause (not unlike some moments in Paranormal Activity which we watched later in the weekend). He then walks to the doors leading to the backyard, fails at his attempts to determine how doors work, gives up and falls asleep on the door. This was pretty fantastic for all of us, and as soon as I have the video of this, it will be posted too.

3. GIANT FAMILY BREAKFAST DISPLAYS ANGELINA BALLERINA'S TALENT WITH EGGS.
I lived with Angelina Ballerina for about 6 months and I discovered that weekend in SB that she never had made me eggs. She has quite a skill and all were in awe of her delicious eggs.

4. POKER, POKER, AND MORE POKER.
The game started after breakfast on Saturday and continued for the rest of the day. We took several needed breaks, but managed to play poker for quite some time with no real winner. Despite several shifts in chip leaders, we ultimately called the game on Sunday as some participants had left and anty-ing up would be difficult.

5. PAT AND CHANCE REDISCOVER A LOVE FOR FROZEN SWEETS.
During one of our poker breaks, a group took a little field trip to the store. Upon their return I believe I witnessed the 6 year old versions of Chance and Pat as they shared their excitement over the treasures they had brought back. Let's just say, we did not fall short in supply of frozen dessert items and I learned just exactly what everyone would do for a Klondike bar.

6. NAP TIME TURNS INTO MOVIE DAY, I CONTEND THAT "THE MIST" STILL SUCKS.
In the early afternoon my excess wine drinking from the night before officially wreaked havoc on my body. I had used any reserves up to that point and realized that my systems were shutting down. Unfortunately, the place I decided to park myself was in the living room, where unbeknownst to me, one of the worst movies of all time was about to start. Unable to move, I endured the beginning, hoping that the few who were watching would come to the realization that I previously had, and decide to change the channel. As the movie progressed, more people began to filter into the living room. Our new room additions had seen this movie before and inexplicably enjoyed it thoroughly. Their advocacy inspired intrigue with those that were unaware of what "The Mist" was, and I was doomed to another loss of two hours of my life.

7. STEAKS FOR DINNER & GIRL TALK WITH WILL FOR DESSERT.
By dinner time I had slightly recharged my batteries, but nothing gets me going like cooking. Throughout the course of Saturday we had three new welcome houseguests: Chance, Nicole, and Will. So for dinner we grilled up steak, chicken, and veggies for the vegetarian(s). If you noticed that I imposed doubt on the fact that there was more than one vegetarian, I commend you for your keen eye. This is due to the fact that this weekend, Ms. Brit had decided she was in fact a vegetarian (Nicole however, is always a vegetarian). After dinner we talked about lady troubles with Will and I sure hope he appreciated my many questions.

8. MOVIES, MOVIES, AND MORE MOVIES.
I think we all did ourselves in on Friday night because Saturday evening was pretty tame. After several rounds of our "grab bag" to decide what movie would be watched, the winner was Angelina Ballerina's pick, "Boondock Saints". I actually completely passed out during the entirety of the movie, but I have seen it several times before, and its due a definite two thumbs up-zies. Once that movie ended we lost a couple movie watchers, but I woke up in time for a mini-marathon as we proceeded to view both "Paranormal Activity" and "Breaking Down".

9. SUNDAY PHOTO SHOOT.
Sunday morning brought another round of a giant group breakfast. I believe I wowed Ms. Brit with my skills in the kitchen as I turned a disastrous gravy into something quite good. Somehow our morning moved into the backyard, likely due to the fact that the sun was finally out and it was officially a beautiful day in SB. A few pictures turned into many more, and suddenly we had quite the photo session. I would love to share them all, but here are some of my favorites.

*Please enjoy the cheese.

10. ANGELINA BALLERINA & I DISPLAY HIDDEN GOLF TALENTS, WE ALL WISH WE COULD RETIRE.
By Sunday afternoon it was down to the last two couples, so we decided to go hit up the driving range and take advantage of the beautiful weather. Not only was I immensely impressed with Ry & Pat's serious skills with their clubs, but I think Angelina Ballerina and I got the hang of it pretty quickly and have some future golf lessons we need to take up to enhance our serious talents. Our driving range trip was made that much better upon the realization that we could bring beer down.

After quite a fun and relaxing weekend with many of the people in the world that I love, I will say that the weekend lived up to my expectations. Though it rained through much of the weekend, it didn't really matter. Ryan and I made the decision that we need to make all of our money now so we can enjoy every day like this, early retirement here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment


RAZMCK STUDIO: OFFICIAL PLAYLIST

"DANGER" QUOTE OF THE DAY

"DANGER" QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I liked the new blog but I desperately want to know what Brittany is doing in that photo."

MY BABIES

MY BABIES


EYE CANDY

EYE CANDY


 
All Things "-Zies" - Template By Blogger Clicks