Friday, March 12, 2010

Sunday Proves to be a Success...almost

DISCLAIMER: The following is an old blog I never finished from a couple weekends ago. I'm far behind on my updates.

Having slept the majority of the weekend, my body's response the cold that I refused to admit I was getting, I woke up quite refreshed on Sunday with no illness to speak of. For several weekends I had tried with no success to make it to the farmer's market, but finally persistance (coupled with a previously made deal) paid off. The day earlier I joined Ryan on an impromtu and rather untimely trip to the City of Industry for a Magic Johnson signing. I wasn't even able to feign excitement, so instead I struck a deal. I am pretty sure the only reason Ryan agreed to join me at the Farmer's Market the next day was because he believed it would rain. Rain it did not, the sun greeted me the next morning as well as Mr. Sam-A-Ram licking my face at 7:30 AM. I very patiently waited in bed the next two hours waiting for Ryan to wake up. He was none too excited to learn of my weather updates, but he held up his end of the deal. However, my day adventure did not end up in disappointment such as the City of Industry extravaganza.
sidebar: after my visit, I contend that all trips to the City of Industry end in disappointment
The Studio City Farmer's Market was in fact a success. Ryan loved it and I was able to get all the fruits and veggies I was hoping for. We also came home with a few unexpected treats: White Truffle Oil, Spicy Bacon Jam, and homemade Beef Jerky.Once home from the Farmer's Market, I got busy with my Oscar meal plans. I had promised a variety of appetizers and I did not want to disappoint. Though we only had two guests coming that evening (Phil and Chance), my hostess apron was already on, so I proceeded with my initial meal plan. Ryan's only specific request of the night was for mini quiches, so I will share that recipe.

OSCAR MINI QUICHES:
1 Pre-Made Double Pie Crust
12 Eggs
3/4 c. Milk

1.5 c. Cheese

Chopped Ham

Chopped Broccoli (or any other veggies)

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray regular or mini muffin tin with Pam. Roll out pie crust and roll a little thinner than it already comes. Using a medium to large circle cookie cutter (I don't have one so I used the rim of a highball glass) cut circles out of the dough reserving any additional crust to re-roll and cut additional circles from. Shape circular dough cuts into each separate muffin section, shaping it so it forms a dough cup in the tin. Mix remaining ingrediants, and salt/pepper to taste, in a medium bowl. Ladle mixture into the doughed muffin tins filling each level with the rim of the dough. I sprinkled a little extra cheese on top of each of my mini quiches. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Check periodically, you can tell its done with a knife comes out clean and the crust is a golden brown.

And though normally while I cook, my audience is limited to Sam and Harley-girl, Ryan wasn't feeling very well after the Farmer's Market so he decided to join Sam in his regular spot in the entryway.

No comments:

Post a Comment


RAZMCK STUDIO: OFFICIAL PLAYLIST

"DANGER" QUOTE OF THE DAY

"DANGER" QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I liked the new blog but I desperately want to know what Brittany is doing in that photo."

MY BABIES

MY BABIES


EYE CANDY

EYE CANDY


 
All Things "-Zies" - Template By Blogger Clicks